Advert for Deputy Principal
The Grove Primary situated in Claremont, Cape Town, is a top performing co-educational school with 750 learners from Grades R to Grade 7. We seek to empower children to be independent, innovative, critical thinkers and to develop their unique potential. We endeavor to build an inclusive, vibrant and creative school community where all staff, children and families feel they belong. Our mission is to offer a holistic and relevant education; foster accountability to the community and the natural environment; embrace difference; promote transformation and reject all forms of prejudice and discrimination.
Only applicants that meet the following requirements will be considered:
- A professional teaching qualification and SACE registration
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- A minimum of seven years teaching experience
In addition to the requirements set out in the Personnel Administrative Measures (PAM) document 1999, we seek applicants with the following qualities, skills and experience:
- Skills and/or experience in pastoral care and restorative discipline practices within a school setting
- An in-depth understanding of WCED policies, systems and processes including school-based support team processes
- A fair, consistent manager of people, adept and experience in interpersonal and conflict resolution
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
This job will be posted in the next vacancy list of the Western Cape Education Department (WCED). Only applicants who
submit their applications through the WCED e-recruitment system will be considered. Potential candidates requiring further information about the school may visit our website at www.thegrove.co.za, or contact the Chairperson of the School Governing Body at email@example.com.
Note: The Grove Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. The school and the Western Cape Education Department reserve the right not to fill the post. A submission of a formal application does not entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will automatically disqualify applicants from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.